Friday, October 24, 2008

Righteous Kill (2008)

This film is directed by Jon Avnet and stared by Robert De Niro and Al Pacino.

First thing I should tell to you is I'm one of the best fans of both actors. Actually, it's not really true, but they are two of my favorite actors.

During the summer, I heard they were going to star a film together. They have only been in the same film twice before. These two films are The Godfather and Heat. But in the first of them they don't appear together in any scene, and in the second they only share in one of them. So, I was looking forward to watching this film and, in the end, I watched it at the cinema.

The film tells the story of two decorated detectives. It seems that a recent murder is connected with a case they believed to be solved thirty years ago. Maybe they jailed the wrong person. Are they following up a serial killer?

I think the best way to describe this film is to quote Peter Travers, who is a famous film critic. In his review he wrote: Some people think Robert De Niro and Al Pacino would be a kick to watch just reading a phone book. Well, bring on that phone book.

As I've said, I was one of them. But now I really think it would be better to bring on the phone book. The only thing that might save the film is its end and, obviously, I won't explain it here.

In summary, I think it's a bad idea to pay to see this film.

James Wilkinson

1 comment:

Nuria Vidal said...

Your level of English is quite interesting! Keep woring!

One of your problem seems to be prepositions, a difficult chapter for foreign learners of the language. Work on this aspect!
-IN the end

other comments:
-I was looking forward to watchING this film